- 2 tsp Pams Dried Yeast
- 2 tsp Pams Caster Sugar
- Pams Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Pams Plain Flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Pams Green Olives
- 6 silverbeet leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup Pams Finest Ricotta
- Combine 1¼ cups of warm water, the yeast, sugar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until frothy.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture. Use a wooden spoon to stir until combined, then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Brush a large baking tray with the remaining olive oil. Punch down the centre of the dough with your fist and press into the prepared baking tray. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm place to prove for 20 minutes or until doubled in height.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Add the olives to a food processor along with half the silverbeet, garlic and lemon zest and juice. Blend well until smooth.
- Use your fingers to press dimples into the dough. Spread half of the olive mixture over the dough. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and dollop little teaspoons of the ricotta and remaining olive mixture over the focaccia. Finely chop the remaining silverbeet and sprinkle over the focaccia.
Get creative with your favourite pizza toppings! We also love prosciutto and mozzarella with a classic tomato sauce base.