- 3 carrots, cut into quarters
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 40g packet Mexican spice mix
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5-1.6 kg bone in pork leg
- ½ red cabbage, cut into wedges
- Preheat your oven to 160°C fan bake. Scatter the carrots and onions in a non-stick roaster and pour in two cups of water. Place a raised roasting rack insert on top.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, Mexican spice mix, oregano, a generous drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper to create a paste. Rub the spice paste over the pork and place in the centre of the roasting rack. Cover with foil and place in the oven to bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the cabbage with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the pork has cooked for 1 hour, remove the foil and arrange the cabbage on the roasting rack around the pork. Return to the oven for a final 30 minutes or until the cabbage is tender and the pork is cooked through.
- Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Top tip: Crispy potatoes make the perfect accompaniment to this roast.