- 1 kg piece of pork belly, skin removed
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 clove Garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 8 baby onions, peeled and halved
- 1 red-skinned apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup prunes, halved
- Place the pork into a large, sealable plastic bag or into a large dish. Add the soy sauce, stock, sherry, brown sugar, spice, garlic and ginger and seal. Turn to coat the pork evenly and refrigerate overnight.
- Into the slow cooker put the onions, apple slices and prunes. Sit the pork and the marinade ingredients on top.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan bake. About 40 minutes before serving, place the pork into the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until very hot and golden. Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before carving thinly or cutting into thick individual-sized portions.
- Serve the pork sliced on the hot apple and onion mixture and accompanied with your favourite greens. Garnish with toasted walnuts if wished.