Really nice pork chops
"My dad created this dish from scratch years ago and it quickly became a family fav! After convincing him to give me the recipe It is now a fav in my own home. My dad is a fantastic cook, and did most of the cooking when I was growing up. This recipe shows real kiwi ingenuity!"
- Olive oil
- 4 pork chops (skin removed to make crackle)
- 3 cloves garlic
- Pinch of salt (chopped)
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ginger (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp American mustard sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried bazil
- 1 cup chopped apricot
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Brown chops in olive oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, mustard, tomato sauce, soy sauce, bazil and chopped apricots. (no need to be specific with the measurements add more or less of each to your liking.)
- Add around 1 cup of water and simmer for around 2 hours, add more water if required. Once water has evaporated and the chops are tender and falling off the bone add coconut cream, mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with any veges preferred, my fav is buttered carrots and parsley, saute potatoes and green beens.