Perfect pork crackling
One of life's great pleasures is uncovering a roast pork on the dinner table, and watching the crackling being pinched off the plate with a resounding crunch from eager mouths…
- Leg of pork
To get perfect crackling every time
- Dry the skin of your roast pork.
- Score the skin - make sure your scores run deep - right the way through the skin.
- Drizzle a couple of tablespoons of oil and rub in to the skin
- Massage salt into the skin.
- Rest for an hour or two (better yet do it in the morning and rest all day!).
- Pre heat oven to 180˚, then place roast in oven and roast for 1 hour/kg.
- Your roast is ready when the thermometer shows 71˚ internal temp, or the pricked pork juices run clear.
For super crispy, remove roast from oven, and remove crackle from roast (have paper towels handy). Return crackling to tray and raise temp to 220˚ for 10 minutes.