Slow cooked pulled pork burrito bowls
These colourful burrito bowls with succulent pulled pork and juicy fresh pineapple make for a flavour-packed summer meal the whole family will enjoy. Top with a squeeze of your favourite mayonnaise or sliced jalapeños for a spicy twist.
- 1-1.2kg pork shoulder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup Pams smokey BBQ sauce
- 1 cup white rice
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 can (410g) Pams Black Beans, drained
- ½ fresh pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped plus extra leaves to garnish
- Add the pork and onion to a slow cooker. Pour over the BBQ sauce and season with salt and pepper. Place the slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours or until the pork is tender and easily falls apart.
- Cook rice as per the pack instructions, then set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cooked rice with the black beans and coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Transfer the pork to a large bowl or tray, pull with two forks and toss with the juices from the slow cooker.
- Assemble the burrito bowls by dividing the lettuce and red cabbage between bowls, then add in the black bean rice, pineapple and pulled pork. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.