- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 apples, cut into thick slices
- 8-10 sausages of your choice
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup beef, vegetable or chicken stock
- 1x 400g Pams Tinned Tomatoes
Serve with mashed potato, cauliflower rice or couscous.
- Add the sliced onion, apple, and sausages to a slow cooker.
- In a bowl or jug, mix together the remaining ingredients until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the sausages, then cover with a lid. Set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, serve the devilled sausages alongside your choice of accompaniment, and spoon any remaining sauce over the top.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
TIP: If you don’t have a slow cooker, this recipe can be cooked in a conventional oven! Simply follow the steps as above but combine in a casserole dish, then bake for 2 hours at 170 degrees celsius.