Slow cooker devilled sausages
Let your slow cooker do all the hard work and reap the delicious rewards with our slow cooker devilled sausages! Only taking 10 minutes to prepare and no hands-on cooking time, this recipe is the ultimate winter warmer.
- Slow Cooker
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 apples, cut into thick slices
- 8-10 sausages of your choice
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup beef, vegetable or chicken stock
- 1x 400g Pams Tinned Tomatoes
Serve with mashed potato, cauliflower rice or couscous.
- Add the sliced onion, apple, and sausages to a slow cooker.
- In a bowl or jug, mix together the remaining ingredients until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the sausages, then cover with a lid. Set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, serve the devilled sausages alongside your choice of accompaniment, and spoon any remaining sauce over the top.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
TIP: If you don’t have a slow cooker, this recipe can be cooked in a conventional oven! Simply follow the steps as above but combine in a casserole dish, then bake for 2 hours at 170 degrees celsius.