- Leftover ham to suit
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 cup fresh pineapple -cored, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red or green chilli, finely chopped
- Handful chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 2 limes or lemons, for dressing
- 2 tsp sugar, for dressing
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp oil, for dressing
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and salt; slowly add the oil and warm water and mix to form a dough.
- Knead for about 10 minutes so it forms a smooth ball (the kids can do this bit). Rest, covered with damp cloth, for about 10 minutes. Divide into 10 even pieces.
- On a floured surface, with a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough into thin circles about 10cm in diameter.
- Heat a frying pan wiped with a little oil and cook one tortilla at a time for about 1 minute each side or use your barbecue to cook multiple tortillas. Expect areas to puff up and brown spots to appear! Re-oil pan for each tortilla. Keep tortillas warm under a clean tea towel until ready to use.
- Toss all the salsa ingredients together. Shake the dressing ingredients in a lidded jar before stirring through the salsa.
- To assemble: Pile warmed leftover ham on warm tortillas. Add a good spoonful of salsa to each.
Fold or roll and wrap in a serviette to serve.