Avocado panzanella salad
If you’ve been craving a taste of the Italian sunshine, this vegetarian Tuscan salad will be the flavour hit you’ve been looking for! Packed with texture and a delicious tangy dressing, this salad is an effortless show stopper.
View the method
- 600g tomatoes (mixed variations)
- 150g crusty bread, torn into pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp capers
- ¼ cup finely sliced red onion
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 50g feta or mozzarella cheese
- 1 large avocado, cut into wedges
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Cut the tomatoes into wedges or chunks, then lay out on a plate. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- In a small jug, combine ¼ cup olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and seasoning.
- Scatter the bread chunks on a baking tray, then drizzle generously with olive oil. Sprinkle over the oregano, season well and toss to coat. Place into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and toasted.
- Assemble the salad by combining the tomatoes, capers, red onion, basil, bread chunks, cheese and avocado. Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.