Barbecued tomato salad with ricotta and basil
Who said you don’t win friends with salad? Featuring the classic combination of juicy tomatoes, smooth ricotta and bright basil, this easy dish will have everyone coming to your door for your next warm-weather get together.
- Summer BBQ
- 750g tomatoes (a variety of sizes and colours)
- 2 tablespoons Pams Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 250g ricotta
- 2 tablespoons Pams Basil Pesto
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Place the tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and smoked paprika and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oil, reserving the oil. Cook the tomatoes on a preheated barbecue for 3-5 minutes, or until they blister and char slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange the cooled tomatoes on a platter. Dollop the ricotta and pesto around the tomatoes, season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the reserved oil and sprinkle with the lemon zest. Garnish with the basil leaves and serve with crusty bread.