Beetroot and feta salad
This delicious beetroot and feta salad is a healthy mix of getting vitamins and minerals into your body with great flavours.
- 2 large beetroot, peeled and cut into even-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 handfuls of rocket leaves (or use baby spinach or mesclun)
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup toasted walnut pieces
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the beetroot in the tray and drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat beetroot in oil. Place in the oven and cook beetroot until tender, about 40-45 minutes. This will depend on the size of your pieces. Remove beetroot from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a clean screw-top jar, place the orange juice, Dijon mustard and olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and shake well to emulsify.
- To serve – layer the rocket, beetroot and red onion in a serving bowl. Top with the feta and drizzle over the dressing. Finish salad with the toasted walnuts.