Caprese salad with creamy mozzarella
This Italian treat from the Isle of Capri looks as good as it tastes. The secret of its success lies in the simplicity of the ingredients: tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves. Easy to prepare, it’s the perfect starter or summer salad and great at any gathering. Buon appetito!
- 500g vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 400g fresh mozzarella, torn into chunks
- ¼ cup Pams Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Pams Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- Arrange the tomato slices on a platter with the torn mozzarella. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with basil leaves
- Make this salad look amazing by using various coloured heirloom tomatoes.
- For a different flavour, simply crumble some feta over the tomatoes instead of using the mozzarella.