Chicken and carrot salad
Try out this vibrant and refreshing salad this summer. This chicken and carrot salad is perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
We’ve made it easy to assemble with a deliciously creamy salad dressing made with premade mayonnaise. Serve with grilled slices of bread and lettuce leaves for an extra crunch.
- 2 chicken breast
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard or regular mustard
- 2 lemons
- 5 carrots, peeled
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan
- Slice the chicken in half horizontally and season with salt and pepper. Bring a drizzle of olive oil to medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- Make the salad dressing by whisking together mayonnaise, garlic, dijon and juice and zest of one lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrot into long strips to create ribbons. Arrange the carrot ribbons onto a serving platter.
- Slice the chicken and place on top. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges.
- Drizzle over the salad dressing and top with parmesan shavings, then serve with lemon wedges and enjoy.
Top tip: Upgrade your dressing with a few finely diced anchovies, a handful of diced capers and a third cup of Greek yoghurt stirred into the mix.
Instead of peeling the carrot, try shredding them with a grater or knife for a speedy alternative.