Chicken Caesar pasta salad
Pasta salad reaches new delicious heights with this twist on a classic Caesar salad. On the table in 30 minutes, this pasta salad not only makes for a great dinner but for next-day leftovers too!
- 150g dried pasta
- 3 cups roughly chopped lettuce (cos, romaine or iceberg)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- ⅓ telegraph cucumber, diced
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 slices thick sliced bread
- ½ cup Caesar dressing
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook the dried pasta as per pack instruction, then run under cold water and drain.
- Place the cooled pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add the lettuce, red onion, chicken and cucumber to the pasta, and toss well to combine.
- To make the croutons, slice the bread into small cubes. Bring a small frying pan to a medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil, then add the dried herbs and cubed bread. Stir to combine, then toast for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel, then add to the pasta mixture.
- Pour the dressing into the salad, then add the parmesan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve with fresh lemon.