- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp palm sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
For the salad
- 250g rice noodles
- ¼ green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 1 cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Fresh lime wedges, to serve
- To make the dressing, combine the fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, warm water and sriracha; adjusting each ingredient to taste. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles as per pack instructions, then rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, toss together the noodles, cabbage, carrot, cucumber and half of the fresh herbs.
- Transfer the noodles into a serving dish, then scatter over the chopped chicken. Dress the salad, then sprinkle over the remaining herbs and peanuts. Serve immediately.
Tip: for a meat-free alternative omit the chicken for fried tofu, and use Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce instead of fish sauce.