Chicken noodle salad
Rice noodles laced with punchy herbs, textural vegetables and crunchy peanuts come together to create complete salad magic. This fresh and versatile salad is great with chicken or tofu.
View the method
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp palm sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
For the salad
- 250g rice noodles
- ¼ green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 1 cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Fresh lime wedges, to serve
Back to ingredients
- To make the dressing, combine the fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, warm water and sriracha; adjusting each ingredient to taste. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles as per pack instructions, then rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, toss together the noodles, cabbage, carrot, cucumber and half of the fresh herbs.
- Transfer the noodles into a serving dish, then scatter over the chopped chicken. Dress the salad, then sprinkle over the remaining herbs and peanuts. Serve immediately.
Tip: for a meat-free alternative omit the chicken for fried tofu, and use Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce instead of fish sauce.