Chicken taco salad
Salads don’t have to be boring! Put a twist on the usual with this Mexican inspired taco salad. Its super easy to make and tastes delicious.
- 1-2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 Tbsp diced red onion
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- ½ cup cooked Mexican spiced chicken, chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Handful of corn chips
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp chipotle or BBQ sauce
- Fresh coriander and lime, to serve
- In a bowl arrange lettuce, red onion, cherry tomatoes, grated cheese, chopped chicken, sliced avocado and crushed corn chips.
- In a small bowl or jug, stir together sour cream and BBQ sauce to taste. Dollop on top of the salad, then garnish with coriander and lime.