Great warm or at room temperature, this tasty meal will last a few days in the fridge. Delicious served on its own or alongside barbecued meats, this recipe is a great one to have up your sleeve for an easy meal!
- 3 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 2 eggplants, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 2 capsicums, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 400g can Pams Italian Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Pams Capers
- 10 Pams Greek Style Pitted Olives, cut in half
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Pams Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- Heat a film of oil in a large frying pan and cook the eggplant and capsicum in batches over a medium-high heat until golden.
- Reduce the heat and add the onion, garlic and celery to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes, adding more oil as needed.
- Pour over the tomatoes and add the capers and olives.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir through the vinegar and sugar and cook a further minute before removing from the heat and adding the parsley and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with crusty bread.