Green bean niçoise salad
Healthy, colourful and packed with flavour, our twist on the traditional Niçoise Salad makes a fantastic light lunch. A simple assembly of fresh ingredients, it really allows the in-season produce to shine.
- 12 baby potatoes, cut in half
- 200g green beans
- 8 small Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 185g can tuna in oil, drained and flaked
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- ½ cup mixed olives
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced thinly
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained and cut in half lengthwise (optional)
- ¼ cup basil leaves, to serve
- ¼ cup Pams Olive Oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- To prepare the dressing, place the olive oil, red wine vinegar and mustard into a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, mix to combine then set aside.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain well and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, blanch the beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain then plunge into cold water.
- Arrange the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, flaked tuna, eggs, olives, cucumber and radishes on a platter or in a salad bowl. Add the anchovies, if using. Drizzle with the dressing, toss gently, then sprinkle with basil to serve.