Green potato salad
Potato salad can be found at any summer barbecue – but if you’re looking for a new way to serve this family favourite, this is the perfect recipe to bring to the table. The celery adds a delightful crunch, and the kids are sure to love the bacon bits.
- 750g baby new potatoes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 rashers Pams Streaky Bacon, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, to garnish
- ¼ cup packed parsley
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup Pams Real Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place the potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and place over high heat. Bring to the boil then cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender but still hold their shape. Remove from the heat, drain and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- To make the green dressing, place the parsley, basil, garlic and mayonnaise in the bowl of a food processor, then blend until smooth. Add the lemon juice and blend to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl with the bacon and sliced celery. Add the green dressing and toss gently to combine. Garnish with the chopped chives to serve.
- Make this salad even more decadent by using homemade mayonnaise, then garnish with dill sprigs and capers.
- Replace the green dressing with Pams Creamy Lime Lemon & Coriander Dressing to make this salad even easier to prepare.