Grilled prawn and pineapple salad
Sweet, spicy and truly divine, this grilled prawn and pineapple salad will be your new Summer favourite! Caramelised morsels of pineapple and juicy prawns pop amongst fresh herbs and toasted peanuts for an insanely delicious salad.
- Juice of 2 limes or lemons
- 3 Tbsp light olive or avocado oil
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 400g Pams raw jumbo prawn cutlets
- ½ fresh pineapple, sliced
- 200g cherry or vine tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 1 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp toasted peanuts
- ½ fresh chilli, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil, fish sauce, brown sugar and chilli flakes, then transfer ½ of the mixture into a separate bowl. Into one bowl, add the prawns and stir well to combine. Marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your BBQ or grill to a high heat. Brush lightly with oil, then grill the pineapple slices for 2-3 minutes each side or until caramelised.
- Set aside, then cook the marinated prawns for 1-2 minutes each side or until caramelised and opaque in colour.
- Arrange the prawns, pineapple and tomatoes on a platter with the lettuce. Pour the remaining dressing over the salad, then garnish with the fresh herbs, spring onion, peanuts and chilli. Serve immediately once dressed and enjoy.