Halloumi and Lentil Salad
View the method
- 200 grams halloumi, sliced into 1cm thick slabs
- 1 cup brown lentils, washed
- 300 grams heirloom cherry tomatoes
- ½ courgette, shaved
- 2 sprigs dill
- 2 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 4 medjool dates, finely chopped
- large pinch alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 sprigs basil, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
Back to ingredients
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring 4 cups water to the boil.
- Add in your rinsed lentils and rapidly simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring often.
- In the meantime, make your dressing and set aside.
- Once the lentils are cooked, strain, rinse and place in a large bowl.
- Pre-heat a large fry-pan on a medium heat with the coconut oil.
- Add in the halloumi and pan fry on each side until golden.
- Halfway through cooking the halloumi, add in the cherry tomatoes and mix around to blister the skin.
- Once the halloumi and cherry tomatoes are cooked, remove from pan, and add to the lentil mixture.
- Toss to combine and divide between 2 bowls.
- Top with the fresh herbs, sprouts and dressing and serve!