Haloumi spiced lentil veggie salad
This fresh and healthy salad is packed with the goodness of brown lentils, cucumber, tomatoes, rocket, parsley, lemon and haloumi.
View the method
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 400 g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 350 g mixed medley tomatoes, halved
- 50 g baby rocket leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 180 g pkt haloumi, cut into 1cm-thick slices
Back to ingredients
- Heat a small frying pan over high heat. Add the cumin and coriander, and cook for 1 minute or until toasted. Combine the spice mixture, onion, lentils, cucumber, tomato, rocket and parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and half the oil. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add the haloumi and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Divide the lentil salad among serving plates. Top with haloumi and sprinkle with lemon zest to serve.
Tip: Make this into a meatlover's salad by adding some Chorizo Sausage