Mexican style corn salad
Too often salads play a supporting role at mealtime – but this one is guaranteed to take centre stage. With charred corn, black beans and a touch of spice from the jalapeños, it will have everyone coming back for seconds.
- 4 corn on the cob, husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoon Pams Olive Oil
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeños
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- Lime wedges, to serve
- ½ cup Pams Classic Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder or chilli powder
1. To prepare the dressing, place the mayonnaise, lime juice, smoked paprika and chipotle powder or chilli powder in a small bowl. Season to taste, mix to combine, then set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Blanch the corn cobs for 1 minute then drain. Brush the corn cobs with olive oil then cook on a preheated barbecue for 10-12 minutes, or until charred and tender. Turn regularly during cooking.
3. Once the corn cobs are cool enough to handle, slice the kernels off the cob, trying to keep them in clusters. Place into a salad bowl or onto a platter with the black beans, cherry tomatoes, red onion and jalapeños. Add the dressing and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle over the feta and coriander and garnish with lime wedges.