- 250g quinoa*
- 2 courgettes*, sliced or cut into chunks
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tomatoes*, cut into chunks
- ½ red onion*, finely diced
- 1 carrot*, grated
- ½ cucumber*, diced
- ½ bag seasonal salad leaves*
* These ingredients are shared with other recipes from the weekly meal planner.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Heat oven to 200C bake or 180C fan bake.
- Combine courgettes, chickpeas, oil, paprika, ground coriander, salt, and pepper in a roasting tray or large baking dish and toss to coat. Bake for 15 -20 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Gently toss cooked quinoa, roasted courgette and chickpeas, and the remaining fresh ingredients in a bowl. Test taste, season with more pepper if you like or your favourite spices. Serve in bowls or plates.
You can save the chickpea brine/aquafaba and turn it into mayonnaise, meringues, or use it in mousse.
A punnet of cherry tomatoes also works well here. Bulghur wheat, pearl barley, and brown rice make tasty substitutions for this dish.
Eat for lunch the next day.