- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup your choice of stock
- 1 kumara, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into chunks
- 150g pumpkin, seeds and skin removed, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tblspn fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tblspns lemon juice
- 2 tblspns olive oil
- 2 tblspns toasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss prepared kumara, pumpkin, carrots and red onion in a bowl with oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking tray or roasting dish and bake around 40 minutes at 180°C until the vegetables are tender and browned at the edges.
- Boil the stock and pour into a large bowl, then add couscous. Let it stand for 10 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- Add roasted vegetables, lemon juice, mint, additional salt and pepper to taste, and toasted pine nuts and toss to combine before serving.
Tip: You can substitute the roast vegetables here for any roast vegetables and also add roast meat. Get creative with your dinner leftovers to repurpose them for lunch or a side dish the next day.