Then you can pop in the pasta or grains; like rice, couscous, or quinoa.
Roast vegetable and couscous salad
Packed with vegetables, we all know that salads are a healthy way of getting vitamins and minerals into your body. But when you're used to eating lighter salads over the warmer months, how can you adapt this meal for winter time?
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup your choice of stock
- 1 kumara, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into chunks
- 150g pumpkin, seeds and skin removed, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tblspn fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tblspns lemon juice
- 2 tblspns olive oil
- 2 tblspns toasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste