- 500g fresh beetroot
- 1 cup couscous
- 120g bag fresh rocket or spinach
- Mint sauce, to dress
- 200g haloumi cheese, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan bake. Trim the beetroot and cut into wedges, then transfer to a roasting dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- While the beetroot is roasting, place the couscous into a bowl, then pour over 1 cup of boiling water. Cover and leave to absorb for 5 minutes, then once the liquid has absorbed, fluff the couscous with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Assemble the salad by tossing the cooled couscous and rocket with a drizzle of olive oil and mint sauce. Season to taste, transfer to a platter, then top with the roasted beetroot.
- Bring a frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Pan-fry the haloumi slices until each side is golden brown, then arrange on top of the salad.
- Dress the salad with mint sauce, then serve and enjoy.
Add sliced orange to this beautiful salad for a fresh and zesty burst of flavour!
Please note: If you picked up this recipe card in store, we apologise for the nutritional information incorrectly stating this recipe was gluten free. Please be aware this recipe is not gluten free as couscous has gluten in it, so if you are intolerant switch to a GF alternative. Apologies for any inconveniences.