- 4 large carrots, quartered lengthways
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cups rocket or spinach
- 400g tinned brown lentils, drained
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g blue cheese
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Lay the carrot pieces on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle over the cumin seeds, salt and pepper, then place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Arrange the rocket, lentils and onion on a serving platter. Nestle the cooked carrot amongst the lentil mix, then crumble over the blue cheese.
- To make the dressing, stir together the mustard, herbs, lemon juice and ¼ cup of olive oil. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.