- 2 large broccoli heads, cut into large florets
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 1 cup mixed salad leaves
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Thinly sliced red chilli, if desired
- Bring a large heavy based frying pan to a high heat. Add the broccoli florets and sesame oil, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the broccoli is al dente; stirring occasionally so that a charred flavour can form. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, stir together the tahini, rice wine vinegar, miso paste and maple syrup. While whisking, stir in the cold water and mix well.
- To assemble the salad, arrange the warm charred broccoli and salad leaves on a plate. Drizzle over the miso dressing, then garnish with toasted sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, coriander and chilli. Serve immediately.