Shredded carrot power salad
If you’re searching for a simple yet delicious salad recipe, look no further! This healthy shredded carrot power salad is packed full of goodness, fresh, crunchy and a touch of sweetness; this effortless salad is perfect for any potluck or weekday lunch.
- Gluten free
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 broccoli, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup raisins
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Using a knife or grater, shred the peeled carrots and place into a large bowl.
- Add the cut broccoli and sliced red onion to the shredded carrots and toss to combine.
- Place the raisins in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 5 minutes. While the raisins soak, make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice and mustard. Once smooth, slowly stream in the olive oil while whisking until fully incorporated.
- Drain the raisins, then add the salad along with the dressing and pumpkin seeds. Season well with salt and pepper, then toss until the dressing has coated the salad ingredients. Serve and enjoy.
TOP TIP: If you’re making this salad to take to a potluck dinner or for work lunches, leave the dressing on the side until you are ready to serve to ensure the salad stays fresh and crisp!