- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained
- 1 bag (120g) fresh baby rocket
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan bake. Spread the eggplant across a lined roasting tray. Drizzle generously with oil, then season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven to bake for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- To make the dressing, stir together honey, the juice and zest of the lemon, garlic and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Once the eggplant is cooked, place it in a large bowl and toss together with the chickpeas, rocket, walnuts and dressing.
- Transfer the salad to a large serving platter or plate.
- Serve and enjoy while warm.
Top tip: Finish off this warm salad with freshly chopped parsley leaves and crumbled feta.