Watermelon and haloumi
Haloumi is enjoyed all over the world. So why not bring the taste of this global hit to your own table? The contrast of the salty, squeaky cheese with the sweet tang of watermelon makes this summertime salad sing.
- 1 tablespoon Pams Olive Oil
- 250g Pams Finest Haloumi, sliced
- ¼ watermelon, skin removed and flesh sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or mint, to serve
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- 2 tablespoons Pams Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Pams Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Pams Clover Honey
- To make the balsamic dressing, place the oil, balsamic vinegar and honey in a small bowl. Whisk to combine, then set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the haloumi and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from the heat and drain on paper towels.
- To serve, layer the watermelon and haloumi slices on four plates. Drizzle with the balsamic dressing. Garnish with the oregano or mint sprigs and a slice of lemon.
- For a stunning dish that’s full of flavour, use a combination of different coloured melons and papaya.
- Make this recipe even simpler by replacing the balsamic dressing with store-bought balsamic vinaigrette.