- 1 cob loaf
- 1 small pottle semi dried tomatoes from the service deli
- 2 slices champagne ham from the service deli
- 100g pastrami from the service deli Cob loaf from the bakery
- Tub of tapenade or sundried tomato paste
- Tub of low fat ricotta
- Block of mozzarella
- Slice the top off the loaf (this will become your "lid") and remove some of the bread from the inside of the loaf so that it becomes hollow shell. Be sure to leave a centimetre or two of thickness to the shell, especially at the bottom.
- Thickly spread tapenade or tomato paste around the inside of loaf and underside of the "lid".
- Then place the sliced ham in the bottom of the shell and progressively add layers of the remainder of the ingredients (e.g. semi dried tomatoes, ricotta, pastrami) until full up, finishing with the mozzarella.
- Replace the lid and tightly wrap the whole loaf with cling wrap. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into slices to serve.
You can use a variety of service deli products for this recipe. Save the discarded bread to make breadcrumbs and freeze until needed