Greek chicken salad pitas
Want to bring the flavours of Greece to your kitchen? These Greek chicken salad pitas are zesty, creamy, crunchy and fresh all in one bite, and destined to be your new family favourite.
View the method
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1tsp dried oregano
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup olives, deseeded and sliced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 large pita breads, toasted
- ¼ cup cucumber yoghurt dip
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 50g feta cheese
- Fresh parsley, oregano or mint, to garnish
Back to ingredients
- In a large bowl, combine the diced chicken, oregano, lemon zest, a drizzle of olive oil and the minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well, cover and marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once marinaded, thread onto 8 soaked wooden or metal skewers. Bring a frying pan to a medium to high heat, then cook for 5-6 minutes each side or until the chicken is golden and completely cooked through.
- To make the salad, combine the tomato, cucumber, red onion and olives. Drizzle with olive oil, then pour over the red wine vinegar. Toss to combine.
- To assemble the pitas, lay each pita on a plate. Spread with cucumber yoghurt, then top with shredded iceberg lettuce. Place two skewers onto the pita, then sprinkle the diced salad around.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the top, then garnish with fresh herbs and lemon wedges. Serve immediately and enjoy.