The works burger
Nothing beats a homemade burger on a warm summer’s evening – and if you like your burger with the lot, then this is the one for you. Featuring a juicy patty, melty cheese, the essential salads and plenty of sauce, it’s absolutely packed with flavour.
- 500g beef mince
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 burger buns, split in half and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, to serve
- 2 tomatoes, sliced, to serve
- 4 slices Swiss-style cheese
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced, to serve
- Sliced gherkins, to serve
- 3 tablespoons Pams Classic Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gherkins
- 2 teaspoons American mustard
- Place the beef mince, onion, parsley, garlic and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Form the mixture into 4 thin patties. Place onto a lined tray and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the burger sauce, place the mayonnaise, tomato sauce, gherkins and mustard in a small bowl. Mix well to combine, then refrigerate until required.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the patties to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn and cook the other side for a further 2-3 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- To serve, spread some of the burger sauce onto each toasted bun base. Top with lettuce leaves, tomato slices and cheese. Add a patty, sliced red onions and gherkins. Top with more sauce, then place on the bun tops.