BBQ chipotle prawn crackers with guacamole
Get the grill fired up and ease into your evening with this recipe for smoky chipotle prawns and spiced guacamole on flatbreads.
- 2 limes
- 4 canned chipotle chillies, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g raw peeled prawns, tails left on (fresh, or frozen and thawed)
- 2 ripe avocados
- Sea salt & freshly-ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet Huntley & Palmers Sesame, Cumin & Coriander Flatbreads
1. In a large bowl mix together juice and zest of 1 lime, 3 chipotle chillies, 1 clove crushed garlic, extra virgin olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Using paper towels, pat prawns dry and carefully mix them into the marinade. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until ready to use.
3. Scoop the flesh of the avocados into a bowl with the remaining clove of garlic and chipotle chilli. Add a squeeze of lime and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate guacamole until ready to use.
4. Heat barbecue or grill to high. Cook prawns for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through and golden.
5. Top the Huntley & Palmers Sesame, Cumin & Coriander Flatbreads with a dollop of guacamole and 3 prawns per cracker. Serve immediately with the remaining lime cut into slices.
Alternatively, serve crackers on a board with separate bowls of guacamole and prawns, accompanied by fresh lime on the side.