Indian spiced prawn skewers
Feel like you're still on holiday mode. These fragrant flavours are a fresh and summery addition to your week night routine.
- 30 fresh prawns, shelled and deveined
- ? cup greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup roasted cashews, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried coconut (dessicated, flakes etc)
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- In a bowl, combine the prawns with the greek yoghurt, garam masala, turmeric and chilli flakes. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes or more, then thread 5 at a time onto soaked skewers.Make the cucumber salad by combining the cucumber, mint and cashews. In a pan, toast the coconut and mustard seeds over a medium heat, then add to the salad. Dress with red wine vinegar, sugar and season to taste.
- To cook the prawns, bring a pan or BBQ to high heat. Drizzle with oil, then cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and opaque in colour.
- Serve the cooked prawn skewers alongside the cucumber salad and enjoy.