Go the extra yard and rustle up some mussel fritters for your next entertaining opportunity.
- For the Fritter Batter:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup self raising flour
- For the Mussel Fritter Mix:
- 300g cooked mussel meat
- 1 spring onion, shredded
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tbsp each fresh dill & coriander, chopped
- ¾ cup fritter batter
- 2 teaspoons Gregg’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 egg whites, whisked to firm peaks
- Seasoning to taste
1. Remove mussel tongues. Process ½ the mussel meat till finely minced. Roughly chop the remaining mussel meat.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, except the fritter batter, fold through.
3. Fold the mussel mix through the fritter batter. Fold egg whites through combined batter mix and season.
4. Cook over medium to high heat with a little oil till golden on each side.
5. Season with flaky sea salt and a good squeeze of lemon juice.