Baked honeyed kumara and potatoes
This honeyed kumara & potato dish is so moreish we guarantee you’ll be running back for another serve! It’s the perfect accompaniment for your Matariki feast or any and every dinner. Tied to food harvested from the ground this meal is connected to the Matariki star Tupu-ā-nuku.
- 2 large kumara
- 2 large agria potatoes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp mānuka honey
- Fresh chopped thyme or rosemary to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius. Cut the kumara and potatoes into chunks, then scatter into a roasting dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, paprika and honey. Drizzle over the kumara and potato, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, then place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn the potatoes and kumara, then drizzle over the honey. Return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender when tested.
- Garnish the cooked kumara and potato with fresh herbs if desired, then serve alongside your favourite protein and green vegetables.