This salad is colorful and tasty and very versatile. Great for barbecues and pot luck dinners.
View the method
- 500g mixed dried beans - soak in water overnight; boil 3/4 hrs; drain and cool
- 500g green beans (I use halved baby beans) - cook, drain and cool
- 3 finely chopped onions
- 2 tins of whole kernel corn, drained
- 2-3 cups of other vegetables such as small pieces of cauliflower or
- broccoli [blanch first], celery stalks, sliced red or green peppers, thin strips of carrot.
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Spices, parsley, mint as desired to taste.
Back to ingredients
- If the dressing doesn't cover all the beans, make up another half quantity.
- Cool and pour over bean mixture, refrigerate overnight before serving or freeze in portions.