- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons mung dal, soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- 2 green chillis, chopped(optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Fresh coconut (can use desiccated too)
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 8 curry leaves
- In a large bowl, put the chopped cucumber, carrot and chillis. Mix well.
- Drain the soaked mung dal and add to the cucumber and carrot mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Then add curry leaves and fry for 1 minute.
- Pour the oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves over the salad. Toss well to mix all together.
- Now add salt and lime juice, and mix.
- Put in the coconut and corinader and give it a good toss. Serve this on its own or as a side dish with Dal-rice and pickle.
You can also add plain yogurt to this for a yummy spicy yogurt!