"This dry side dish is the vegetarian version of masala scrambled eggs and can be served to accompany any lentil and bean preparation. Also termed as a fusion dish, it is great as a topping on toasted bagels, crackers or as a filling for toasted sandwiches and wraps."
- 2 cups paneer (or ricotta cheese, if preferred)
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh cream
- Dry mango powder and chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When they change colour, add onion and fry till they turn medium-brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry till they are soft.
- Add all the spices except for dry mango powder.
- After the mixture is well-blended, add capsicum and cook till it is just cooked, and retains little crispness.
- Reduce heat.
- Add paneer and green peas and mix.
- Keep hot, add cream and mix gently.
- Put into dish, sprinkle over dry mango powder and coriander leaves, and serve immediately.