Pukekohe potatoes with pepper sauce
"Its a vegetarian recipe that is easy to make, looks great, and has a wonderful taste."
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 200g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Lettuce leaves, to garnish
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced, to garnish
- 1 red pepper cut into strips, to garnish
- 1 onion, to garnish
- 1 lemon, to garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Slice 1 onion thinly.
- Juice lemon and pour over onion to marinade.
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Cut up green pepper and place in blender with cream cheese, cream, salt and tumeric.
- Cook over a low heat stirring continuously until of a sauce consistency.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on edge of platter.
- Put potatoes in the centre of platter and pour over sauce.
- Garnish with eggs, drained onions and red pepper.
- Season to taste.