Raspberry bliss balls
If you want to trick yourself of your kids into healthier eating - try these easy bliss balls for a snack.
- Lunch box
- 1 cup of dates pitted
- 1 cup ground almond plus a few more to coat the balls
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- Soak dates in a small bowl of warm water, set them aside to soften for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the raspberries, coconut and ground almond to a food processor and process until crumbly.
- Remove the dates from water and add to the processor. Whizz until the mixture begins to combine into a soft ball.
- Add honey as required to bring the mixture together. It needs to be at a consistency that binds together well, so it can be easily rolled into firm balls.
- Take teaspoon sized amounts of mixture and roll into balls and place on a large plate.
- You can then roll them in ground almonds or leave them plain. We did a bit of both!
- Place them in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set, store them in the fridge or freezer until required.