Ripper Radish Sauce
Radish is a punchy little vegetable with its vibrant colour and peppery taste. I’ve made a little radish sauce that can be used either as a fire extinguisher on curry night, or as a great companion for grilled chicken and fish.
View the method
- 6-7 small radishes (you need 1 cup grated radish plus extra slices to garnish)
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced (leave out for a kid-friendly version)
- ¼ cup finely diced shallot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- small handful of coriander, finely sliced
- small handful of mint, finely sliced
- pinch of ground cumin
- salt and pepper for seasoning
Back to ingredients
- Grate the radish onto a clean tea towel.
- Gather up the corners, twist together and squeeze out all the moisture from the radishes. (If you don’t do this, the sauce will become very watery.)
- Place the squeezed radish in a large bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. Mix well and season to taste.
- Garnish with a little extra sliced radish, a drizzle of olive oil and you’re ready to go.