- 2-3 cups fresh spinach, washed well
- 1/2 block feta (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 generous Tbsp pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
- Place spinach, feta, pesto, lemon juice and egg in a food processor and blitz until blended (but don't worry about getting it smooth, as the chunks are nice).
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and add the spinach mixture; season to taste.
- Begin to fold together and add water as necessary to make a thick batter (think corn fritter mixture).
- Fry blobs in olive oil, turning once brown and flattening on the cooked side to make fritters.
- Serve with tomato chutney or more pesto and salad greens.