Zucchini, mint and feta fritters
When preparing homemade pet treats, make sure you take into account any allergies that your pet has to specific ingredients. You will want to avoid adding any ingredient that you know that your pet has reacted poorly to in the past. If you are experimenting with new flavors, feed the treat to your pet in a small amount to see how he reacts to it before distributing an entire treat.
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 talespoons greek yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 100g goats cheese feta
- Creme fraiche (optional for garnish)
- Grate the zucchinis, sprinkle liberally with salt and set aside in a colander for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the yoghurt, rice flour, eggs, finely chopped garlic, 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves, and once combined break up the feta with your fingers and stir into mix.
- When ready to fry the fritters, wring the grated Zucchini out with your hands over the sink, you need to remove the excess water - you will be surprised by the amount of water that will come out. Mix into the fritter mix.
- Fry off in batches on a medium heat in a little butter and oil until golden. Make sure the pan is hot before you put them in or they will stick to the pan! If making canapes a teaspoon is a good measure. If making for a light lunch make them a little bigger and serve with a side salad.
- Top with a little dollop of creme fraiche and a little mint leaf.