Beetroot dip with pita chips
Chips and dip are a Kiwi staple, and this sweet and savoury beetroot dip packs a flavour punch! Served with crisp homemade pita chips, your snacking game has never looked or tasted better.
View the method
- 450g Greek yoghurt
- 225g tinned beetroot, drained
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 pita breads
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Fresh herbs and cumin seeds, to garnish
Back to ingredients
- Lay a clean cheesecloth or new reusable cloth into a sieve set over a bowl. Spoon the yoghurt into the cloth, then secure the edges together and leave to strain in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight*.
- Place the beetroot slices into a blender, and puree until smooth. Add the lemon juice, garlic and cumin, then blend until smooth.
- Transfer the beetroot mixture to a bowl. Carefully transfer the strained yoghurt into the beetroot puree, then fold together until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then cover and place in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. Cut the pita breads into triangles, then lay on a lined tray. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle over the paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, then flip and cook for a remaining 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve the baked pita chips alongside the beetroot dip, garnish with fresh herbs and cumin seeds.