Your kids will go crazy for these broccoli balls - and you can even get them to help you make them. This is a great recipe for using broccoli stalks.
- 2 cups grated broccoli stalk and/or cooked florets, finely chopped
- 1 small onion grated or finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, finely chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180⁰C
2. Mix all of the ingredients together.
3. Roll the mixture into teaspoon sized balls then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes, turning the broccoli balls about 8 minutes into cooking time.