Camembert and garlic wreath
Garlic bread and melty cheese are fan-favourites on their own, but together they’re a match made in heaven. Make your wreath extra festive by sprinkling over a handful of fresh pomegranate seeds, or Pams Dried Cranberries for a pop of sweetness and colour!
- 1 wheel of Pams Finest Southern Alps Camembert Cheese
- 2 tsp Pams All Purpose Active Yeast
- 2 tsp Pams Caster Sugar
- 3 ½ cups Pams Plain Flour
- 2 Tbsp Pams Crushed Garlic
- Mix the yeast, sugar and 300ml of warm water together in a large bowl and leave to sit for 5-10 minutes until the yeast has frothed and activated. Add the flour, 2 tsp of salt and 2 Tbsp of olive oil and gradually start mixing until a dough forms.
- Pour the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for around 10 minutes, or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to proof for 45 minutes.
- Knock the proofed dough back with your fist and pour out onto a floured surface. Cut evenly into 24 pieces of dough. Roll into balls, ready to build your wreath.
- Assemble by placing the camembert in the centre of lined baking tray, and arranging the dough balls in a circular formation around it. Ensure the dough balls are all touching, cover with cling film and then leave to proof for a further 45 minutes.
- Mix together the garlic, a good glug of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Brush over the wreath with a pastry brush.
- 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve, remove the camembert from the centre and set aside. Bake the wreath for 20 minutes at 200°C. Remove from the oven, place the camembert back in the centre, and bake for a further 10 minutes. Serve while still hot!
Tip: Make your wreath dairy free and vegan by leaving out the cheese! These warm rolls are still delicious served on their own and will add a festive flair to your Christmas table spread..
Tip: Add 2 tsp of finely chopped rosemary to your garlic and oil mixture for added flavour! .