- 20g + 20g butter, melted
- 1 brown onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup cream
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh sage or parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and garlic and cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes. Add the carrots, and saute for a further 2-3 minutes before adding the stock.
- Bring the stock to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 5. Stir the cream into the carrot mixture, and simmer for a final 5 minutes or until the carrots are al dente. Stir through the lemon juice and seasoning to taste. Transfer to a roasting dish and mix through the baby spinach.
- In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, fresh herbs, grated parmesan and the remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle over the carrots. Place into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and crisp.
- Once cooked, leave to sit for 10 minutes then serve immediately.